10 Benefits Of Solar Power
10 benefits of solar power and the reasons why people should consider getting their own solar panels.
Benefits of Solar Power over Fossil Fuels
1. Solar energy is renewable. We never have to worry about running out of sunlight or using it all up. The sun is a consistent power source meaning it's always going to be there every day.
2. Solar energy is environmentally friendly. Compared to fossil fuels which release greenhouses gases, carcinogens and carbon dioxide, solar cells don't release anything into the air.
Solar energy is environmental friendly and conserves resources which effectively reduce emissions. No other energy can be as environmentally friendly as solar energy. It is a natural resource therefore it does not pollute the air when being converted into electricity. Solar energy systems significantly contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and therefore help in the fight against global warming and provide a clean and green environment for future generations.
3. Solar panels are extremely reliable.Solar panel systems require minimum attention. They occasionally need to be cleaned to ensure maximum efficiency is maintained. There are no moving parts so you don't have to worry about replacing anything. In fact, most people generate electricity for 1000s of hours with little or no maintenance.
4. Solar cells make no noise while collecting energy. There are no other renewable energy sources that are completely silent.
5. In the long run, solar electricity is cheaper than buying it from the power company.A solar energy system is a growing asset to your property. It generates ongoing energy savings and enhances the value of your property. There is a start up cost, but then it starts paying for itself. Once you break even, everything after that is profit. Compare this to paying a monthly bill and getting no return on investment.
6. There is a huge variety of solar panel systems available. Some can cost tens of thousands of dollars, and some cost just a couple hundred. This means anyone can get into solar, there's an entry point for just about everybody.
7. You're not required to connect to the power grid. You can be completely self-sufficient and live off-the-grid. Imagine never paying another monthly bill or hook-up charge.
Solar panels turn the suns energy into DC current. An inverter than changes DC current to AC current so that it can power appliances in your house / business such as computers, televisions, refrigerators etc. All electricity you solar system generates is transferred back to the grid as you are paid a gross feed-in tarrif for all electricity your system generates. Your electricity provider will reimburse you for any unused electricity. Reduce your electricity bills significantly as energy costs continue to rise.
8. Sell excess electricity. If you build a large enough solar panel system, you can make your electric meter spin backwards! Most power companies will gladly buy or credit you for this excess electricity. Contact your local power companies for more details.
Installing a solar power system allows you to protect yourself from rising electricity costs. As the producer of your own electricity you are protecting yourself from future price hikes by not having to purchase that electricity from a supplier.
9. Government tax credits. Most governments will provide some kind of tax credit or incentive for people purchasing solar energy systems. On average, rebates usually cover 20-30% of the system cost. Contact your local representatives for more details.
10. Solar technology is constantly improving. Solar installations are increasing by an incredible 50% every year, most of which are small homemade systems.