Amazing Facts about China
15 facts about the Asian Country, China which you may or may not have known.
- Chinese Population, Size & Great Wall of China
- Chinese Capital, Currency & Religion
- Chinese Neighbours, Largest City & Language
- Chinese Calendar, Inventions & GDP
- Chinese Superstitions, Military & National Day
Chinese Population, Size & Great Wall of China
• Population: China is the most populous country in the world, has a population of 1.3 billion and accounts for one-fifth of the world’s population. The Mandarin word for China is Zhongguo, meaning middle country.
• Size: It is the third-largest country in the world, only behind Russia and Canada, and covers an area of 3,696,000 square miles
• The Great Wall: The Great Wall of China, is over 4000 miles (6400 kms) long, stretching across the mountains of northern China, winding north and northwest of Beijing. It is constructed of masonry, rocks and packed-earth.
Earn money from taking free surveys
Earn money from home posting pictures
Chinese Capital, Currency & Religion
• Capital: Beijing (which means northern capital), the capital of Chin, is the country’s political educational and cultural center.
• Currency: The Renminbi is the official currency of China which is issued by the People’s Bank of China. Its primary unit is the Yuan.
• Religion: There are 5 recognized religious faiths in China- Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Catholicism and Protestant Christianity.
Earn money from home writing articles
Earn money from home while chatting
Chinese Neighbours, Largest City & Language
• Neighbours: China shares its borders with as many 14 other countries namely Russia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and North Korea
• Largest City: Shanghai is the largest city of China which covers an area of 2448.1 square miles.
• Language: 24 % of the world speaks Chinese. There are over 200 different Chinese languages and regional dialects. The official state language is Pu-Tong- Hwa( Mandarin) spoken by 70 % of the Chinese population.
Take online surveys for free for money
Chinese Calendar, Inventions & GDP
• Chinese Calendar: The Chinese calendar dates back to 2600 B.C. It is the oldest known calendar.• The twelve animals in the Chinese zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig, with each year represented by one of the animals. A full Chinese zodiac is twelve years. A complete calendar cycle is sixty years.
• Paper was first invented in China in the year 105 AD and did not reach Europe till the eight century.
• Ice-cream was invented in China around 2000 BC when they made a mixture of milk and rice in the snow.
• GDP: The Chinese GDP (Purchasing Power Parity) is 9.8 trillion $ as of 2011.
Make money online taking free surveys
Chinese Superstitions, Military & National Day
• It is considered good luck for a gate in China to face south.
• Red is considered as a lucky color in China. New Year Banners, clothing and money envelopes are all red.
• Military : China has the world’s largest military with more than 3.5 million personnel.
• National Day: The national day of China is October 1 and is celebrated as a national holiday.
Indian Fruit Chat Recipe
Beginners Guide to Football